Echo Valley Fiber's
FIRST ANNUAL SHAWL CRAWL
Begins March 1
Purchase the yarn for your next shawl beginning March 1 and be eligible to enter a friendly competition. Your finished shawl can be shared at the store & visitors can vote for their favorite. Prizes valued at $300 will be awarded the top vote-getters at the conclusion of the Crawl.
1. The shawl with the most votes will receive a skein of Arctic Treasure* yarn in the color evergreen, retail value $145.
2. Second place will receive a pink skein of Arctic Dream** yarn, retail value $85.
3. Third place will receive a $45 gift certificate to Echo Valley Fiber.
4. Fourth place will receive a $25 gift certificate to Echo Valley Fiber.
1. Shawls can be either knit or crochet and can be any shape or size.
2. Yarn must be purchased from Echo Valley Fiber.
3. To enter, complete the Registration Form available at the time of purchase -- and you'll get 10% off the yarn for the project you're entering. No combined or additional discounts. One entry per person.
4. Completed shawls will be accepted from May 1 to May 15. Each entry will be matched to its original application and photos will be taken. EVF accepts no responsibility for shawls entered but will endeavor to keep all entries safe and fairly displayed.
5. First shawl returned will receive the #1, second #2, and so forth. All shawls will be displayed at the store without names of crafter, identified by number only.
6. Voting begins May 16 and ends May 30.
7. No purchase required to vote.
8. Only one vote can be cast per person per visit to the store.
9. Winners will be announced and prizes awarded Saturday, June 2 at 12 noon. Need not be present to win, prizes can be picked up at the store later if winners are unable to attend. Winners, if not present, will be notified by email.
10. Shawls can be picked up after June 2. No shawls can be returned by mail.
*Arctic Treasure is a product of Arctic Quiviut yarns out of North Pole, Alaska, made from the delicate undercoat (Quiviut) of the muskox. The blend is 60% quiviut, 20% superwash merino and 20% cultivated bombay silk.Quiviut must be hand-combed from the muskox. This spectacular yarn, unfortunately no longer commercially available, holds dye well and has legendary softness. Fingering yarn, 437 yards.
**Arctic Dream is also made of the softest quiviut of the musk ox, which is one of the rarest and finest fibers in the world It is a blend of 55% quiviut, 30% cashmere, and 15% silk. Dream is a laceweight yarn, 437 yards. It is also no longer available and is currently out of production. It creates the finest of finished luxury items.